Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colourless, odourless, tasteless, poisonous gas produced by incomplete burning of carbon-based fuels, including gas, oil, wood and coal. It is only when the fuel does not burn properly that excess CO is produced, which is poisonous. When CO enters the body, it prevents the blood from bringing oxygen to cells, tissues, and organs.
You can’t see it, taste it or smell it but CO can kill quickly without warning. Every year around 12 people die from CO poisoning caused by gas appliances and flues that have not been properly installed, maintained or that are poorly ventilated
Increasing public understanding of the risks of CO poisoning and taking sensible precautions could dramatically reduce this risk.
There are signs that you can look out for which indicate incomplete combustion is occurring and may result in the production of CO:
yellow or orange rather than blue flames (except fuel effect fires or flueless appliances which display this colour flame)
soot or yellow/brown staining around or on appliances
pilot lights that frequently blow out
increased condensation inside windows
Carbon monoxide kills if left undetected
Because carbon monoxide has no taste, smell or colour. Gas Safe Register strongly recommends you fit an audible carbon monoxide alarm in your home or property.
Smoke alarms do not detect carbon monoxide.
Landlord Certificates Ltd now can suppy Kidde CO Alarm and Smoke Alarms at a discounted rate with any gas service purchased.
Supply and Fit
BOOKING AND PAYMENT OPTIONS
Our aim is to make a your life easier including the way you ‘Book your inspections’.