Gas Safe : Advice for vulnerable (shielded) tenants on landlord gas safety checks

By: admin

23 April 2020

Government advice is that people who are clinically extremely vulnerable should minimise all interaction between themselves and others (also referred to as shielded people).

If you have been advised by the government that you fall into the extremely vulnerable (shielded) category, you should inform your landlord that you are shielding because you are medically vulnerable, so do not want an engineer in your home.

Your landlord can find out more about what is expected of them in respect of gas safety checks at this time on the Gas Safe Register website. The landlord must rearrange the landlords’ gas safety check to take place after your isolation period has ended.

However, if you smell gas, or if you have concerns about the safety of your appliances, you should call the gas emergency service provider on 0800 111 999, and switch off appliances until the gas emergency supplier, or a registered gas engineer, has attended and advised that the appliances are safe to use.

Services you may be interested in