- Electrical Certificates
- Gas Certificates
- Our Gas Safety Engineers
- What is a Gas Safety Certificate?
- Gas Boiler Service
- How to Spot Rogue Gas Traders
- Why do I need a Co Alarm?
- Areas Covered
- PAT Testing
- Property Services
- Gas Cover
- Electrical Cover
- Plumbing Services
- Electrical Services
- Gas Services
- Inventory Services
On the 1st June 2020, the UK Government released guidance on the Electrical Safety Standards in the Private Rented Sector (England) Regulations 2020.
There are three sets of guidance with separate versions released for landlords, tenants, and local authorities in England.
Private landlords must ensure:
- Electrical safety standards are met when the property is occupied during a tenancy.
- Every fixed electrical installation at the property is inspected and tested at least every five years by a qualified person.
- The first inspection and testing are carried out before new tenancies commence on or after 1 July 2020 and by 1 April 2021 for existing tenancies.
Find out more about our electrical certificates